Additional Low-Cost Internet Offers
As schools all around the country are closing due to COVID-19 and classrooms are moving online, many districts are scrambling to support their educators and students with distance learning. One of the biggest challenges they face is that an estimated 9.7 million students don’t have access to the Internet at home.
The Digital Bridge K-12 project is EducationSuperHighway’s response to the crisis; supporting school districts to increase connectivity outside the classroom so that students have the Internet access they need to continue learning.
The following organizations are offering free or low-cost service, flexible payment plans, and additional offers to support students and families.
Additional Low-Cost Internet Offers for Schools and Students
- Offering free Internet service to LAUSD students who do not have access at home. Over 80% of LAUSD’s student population is considered low-income.
- Wi-Fi hotspots catered to students studying from home.
- All solutions are designed for the school district and student in mind.
- Mobile Beacon is dedicated to providing affordable, mobile, high-speed internet access to schools, libraries, and nonprofits.
- Mobile Internet for Educational Entities, Nonprofits, and Social Welfare Agencies. Offers affordable wireless Internet and hotspots with unlimited data. No overage charges.
- National non-profit organization dedicated to connecting everyone to the Internet.
- In response to the coronavirus pandemic and its impact on society, multiple Internet Service Providers (ISPs) have made updates to their low-cost Internet service programs to ensure individuals and families stay connected to the Internet during this challenging time.
- The official FCC site has a comprehensive list of ISPs and companies that have signed the pledge to not terminate service to any customer because of their inability to pay their bills due to the coronavirus pandemic, waive late feeds, and open their Wi-Fi hotspots. If one of these companies is in your area, please contact them directly to learn more about what they can offer you during this time.